Marple and District Probus Club
1. The club shall be called ‘The Marple & District Probus Club’.
2. The club shall be open to retired and semi-retired persons who are
members of Marple Senior Citizens Association (therefore aged 60 or
3. The club shall be non-political and non-sectarian.
4. The management of the club shall be in the hands of a committee consisting of a
Chairman, Vice Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer, Meetings Secretary, Outings
Secretary, and six committee members, with power to co-opt. The officers and
committee members shall be elected at the Annual General Meeting.
Four committee members shall constitute a quorum. The Committee shall meet
not less than 6 times in a calendar year.
5. The Chairman shall be elected annually at the Anual General Meeting and may serve
more than one term.
7.. A prospective member may be invited to attend as the guest of a member and may, if they
wish to become a member , complete an application form to be endorsed by two existing
members The form will then be passed to the Membership Secretary for the approval of
8. The Club shall normally meet on the second and fourth Wednesdays of each month at
10.15 am in the Marple Senior Citizens Hall, (doors open at 10.00am.) There will be a
small charge for attending a meeting which shall be determined by the Committee.
9. An Annual General Meeting shall be held at the first meeting in April each year.
30 members shall constitute a quorum.
10. An Extraordinary General Meeting shall be called by a resolution of the Committee or at
the request of 10 members giving 14 days notice to the Secretary. 30 members shall
constitute a quorum.
11. The annual subscription shall be determined by the committee and will include the annual
subscription to the Marple Senior Citizen Association. Any subscribing
member shall become an honorary (non-subscribing) member of the club from
the Annual General Meeting following their 90th. birthday. Subscriptions fall due at the
Annual General Meeting and should be paid without delay to the Treasurer.
Any member who fails to pay the subscription by the end of May will be deemed to
have resigned. Any new member elected by the Committee in the period January to
March in any year will not need to renew their membership until the following year. .
12. These rules may be amended at an Annual General Meeting or Extraordinary
General Meeting provided that details of any proposed amendment are issued with the
notice of the meeting.
Adopted at the 2017 AGM.
End of page